Can’t see the changes supposedly made by your developer? Or maybe you’re just tired of your site’s annoying cache? Use this plugin to cache a break!
With a compressed size of under 21KB, this simple plugin adds random version numbers to CSS & JS assets to prevent page and browser caching getting in the way of your happiness.
You can completely disable the plugin from the settings page when you are not using it or keep it enabled if the site is under development 😀.
- I am open for your suggestions and feedback – Thank you for using or trying out one of my plugins!
- Drop me a line @mwale_and_sons on Twitter
- Follow me on my LinkedIn page
- Or visit me at my website.
- Upload the entire
super-light-cache-busterfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Clear all caches on your site and server (hosting).
- Cache a break from caching :-).
Do I have to clear my cache for the plugin to work?
Yes, you should clear your cache(s)! This plugin doesn’t clear pages that have already been cached (coming soon, shhh).
If you are still being served cached pages after activating the plugin, clear the cache at least once.
This will delete all pages/posts from the cache, and Cache Buster will prevent them from being cached again while the plugin is enabled :-).
Does this plugin work on Multisite?
No, Cache Buster hasn’t been tested on Multisite Networks.
Contributors & Developers
“Super Light Cache Buster” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Super Light Cache Buster” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Super Light Cache Buster” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
Release Date – November 13, 2022
- Introduce Internationalization (Make Cache Buster translatable).
- Introduce a notice to clear the cache when settings are saved.
- Patch XSS vulnerability.
- Patch File-Handling vulnerability.
- Improve inline code documentation.
- Improve WordPress Coding Standards conformance.
Release Date – September 29, 2022
- Fix warning/error thrown when Cache Buster is uninstalled.
- Use a static method when register_uninstall_hook is invoked.
Release Date – May 06, 2022
- Don’t randomize asset version numbers in the admin area.
- Hide Cache Buster’s status from non-admins.
Release Date – April 25, 2022
- Introduce plugin settings to enable/disable cache prevention and control its intensity.
- Introduce a menu item to show Cache Buster’s status in the admin bar.
- Delete database options when Cache Buster is uninstalled.
- Improve overall code efficiency.
Release Date – June 24, 2020
- Initial release