This plugin is designed to give it’s user full styling possibilities while offering a easy-to-use framework at the same time. With a limited amount of HTML and CSS knowledge, the Popup can be fully styled and customized by the user.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload ‘plugin-name.php’ to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- You may access and modify the settings in the WordPress backend via Settings -> sIMPLE Self-Stylable PopUp
- How can I create a button that closes the Pop-Up?
Simply wrap the text or element into </div>-tags (remove the underscores). You can also style these tags in the CSS-section of the plugin. By default, .ssspu-close does not contain any styles.
- My Pop-Up does not appear
Please ensure that your theme calls the wp_footer(); hook. This hook is usually called in a file called “footer.php”.
- The pop-up is displayed as a post / page on the front page of my website
This was a bug as of Version 0.5. Please update to the newest version.
Contributors & Developers
“Simple Self-Styleable Pop Up” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Plugin is no longer called utilizing “the_content”-hook, but instead uses the “wp_footer”-hook now. This fixes a bug that made the plugin appear as additional post on the home/start-page. In return, the theme running the plugin must use the wp_footer(); call.
- First stable and tested version.