This simple plugin is a widget that displays a list of random posts on your widgetized sidebar.
It supports multiple instances with WordPress 2.8 and above.
- Widget title: the title of the widget
- List types: ul for bulleted list, p for paragraph, br for paragraph with line breaks
- Post count: Number of random posts you would like to be displayed
- Category: Only this category will be selected as the source
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Use your ‘Presentation’/’Sidebar Widgets’ settings to drag and configure
Or use the automatic update feature
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Random Posts Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Random Posts Widget” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- 07-May-2007: Fixed a bug of displaying widget before and after tag
- 14-Jun-2007: Fixed a bug where pages are also selected. Now it only displays posts.
- 26-Jun-2007: Removed before and after configuration options, now taken from theme settings
- 03-Aug-2007: Overhauled entire engine to optimize queries. This has been tested on a test blog with 50,000 posts on an old machine (Pentium III 600MHz) in maximum 3 seconds. Also removed duplicated results and added category to choose.
- 04-Aug-2007: Fixed a bug where wrong permalink was displayed
- 10-Aug-2007: Fixed a bug where if 1 post count is selected an error occured
- 27-Sep-2007: Added ability to detect database version (WordPress 2.3 has database changed) while maintaining backward-compatibility with 2.2.x
- 30-May-2013: Use WP_Widget to allow multiple instances since WordPress 2.8, while maintaining backwards-compatibility