Urban Push is a WordPress plugin that utilizes the Urban Airship API to send a push directly from the WordPress “new post” page. You MUST have an account with Urban Airship to use this plugin. You can send a single push to up to 4 Urban Airship applications. After a push attempt, you will see one new custom field entry for each configured Urban Airship application. It will say push sent for followed by the name you chose for your Urban Airship application. The value of the custom field will contain the response returned from Urban Airship. For a successful push, the response is usually “(null).”
More features are coming like:
- The ability to set your aps options (badge, sound, etc..)
- The ability to choose which app to send a push to (or all).
- Download the plugin
- Unzip and upload to your plugins directory
- Configure via the settings page
3a. Set your Urban Airship application key and master secret as well as a safety password to avoid accidental pushes.
- Push away. Simply add your push text, enter your password and click the update or publish button on your post.
- How do I send a push to an Android Device?
When you add your app in the settings screen, make sure you choose “Android” for your Application Name. It will know to build the aps string for an Android device.
- What is Urban Airship?
Urban Airship is the engine behind thousands of the world’s most successful mobile apps, providing a full suite of messaging and content delivery tools, including Push Notifications, Rich Media Messaging, In-App Purchase and Subscriptions.
- What is a push notification?
Push Notifications allow you to send messages directly to the people who have installed your app, even when your app is closed.
- Why is there a limit of only 4 Urban Airship applications?
It seemed like a good number. If you need more, the plugin is easy enough to modify. Just add more form fields to the settings.php file and add another send_push method with the correct parameters in urbanairship.php. If you need help, contact me.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Urban Push” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Fixed Empty delimiter error
- Added support for Android
- Fixed bug that was causing a double push
- You will now only get one custom field entry per push
- Added the ability to send a single push to multiple Urban Airship applications (up to 4)