Include a Twitter @username in your blog post and Twitter Tag will automatically create a link to that users Twitter page and will send a tweet telling them that they’ve been tagged in one of your posts. Twitter Tag uses Tiny URL to include a URL to the blog post in the tweet.
Feedback and requests for new features are welcome. Just leave a comment on the plugin homepage, Twitter Tag or send me a tweet @whatithink.
- Download and extract ‘twitter-tag.zip’.
- Upload the ‘twitter-tag’ folder to your WordPress plugins folder.
- Enable the plugin in the Plugins Admin page in WordPress.
- Enter your Twitter Username and Password in the ‘Twitter Tag Settings’ page under Settings.
- Decide if you want a Tweet sent automatically when you tag a Twitter user.
- I’ve put in my settings but the plugin is not sending any tweets
There are a couple of possible reasons for this:
- Incorrect username or password: Check that you’ve entered the correct username and password.
- You’ve exceeded the Twitter API limit: Twitter limits API requests to 100 per hour. If you hit this barrier, then wait and re-post.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Twitter Tag” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Twitter Tag” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.