This plugin uses the pseudo-cron facility available in WordPress to publish a
daily or weekly post of tweets from the previous day.
- Versions >= 2.0 have contributions from Paul Wlodarczyk
(http://thecontentguy.net/). Much thanks goes out to him.
- This plugin has not been tested on anything other than WordPress 2.7 and
above (If anyone wants to try an old version, let me know.)
There are a number of configuration options for Twitter Digest. You can find these in Options > Twitter Digest.
If you have questions or comments, please visit http://whalespine.org.
- Download the plugin archive and expand it (you’ve likely already done this).
- Put the ‘twitter-digest.php’ file into your wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Go to the Plugins page in your WordPress Administration area and click ‘Activate’ for Twitter Digest.
- Go to the Twitter Digest Options page (Options > Twitter Digest) to set your Twitter account information and preferences.
Contributors & Developers
“Twitter Digest” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Twitter Digest” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Updated to use https for all twitter.com links
- Fixed hashtag link bug
- Fixed PHP bugs pointed out by Eric Celeste
- Updated to use Twitter OAuth and Twitter API v1.1. See
for how to create a Twitter App and the four tokens of the apocalypse.
- Updated to the latest version of the Twitter API
- Added option to create the digest post in draft mode
- Added option to include retweets in digest post
- Fixed some bugs with publishing time
- Fixed bug with Twitter’s tweet ids
- Changed binary options to checkboxes
- Separated tweet date and time display options
- Removed password requirement. Can no longer access private Twitter accounts
via TD. This was less work than going to oAuth.
- Fixed some stupid errors.
- Fixed date visibility option
- Fixed bug in default date format
- Added support for weekly digest. This is a beta feature. Any
feedback is welcome.
- Post limit is now 200
- Added ability to specify an excerpt for each post
- Added ability to format the date in the post title/excerpt
- Fixed timezone issues
- Added button to reset plugin database
- Fixed bug that caused HTML entities to be broken links
- Fixed issue with publishing in timezone that is not the same as the server timezone
- Fixed bug that caused broken status link if @ message was not in reply to
- Added check for username/password on installation
- Added ability to ping the service from the options page.
- Added ability to specify the time of day the tweet post will be published
- Added support for custom title
- Fixed possible race condition issue
- Tweaked code layout
- Made min tweets always be at least 1
- Fixed bug with url in brackets not being made clickable.
- Fixed bug with ‘in reply to’ links not working
- Fixed bug that caused badness if minimum tweets was set to 0
- Added option to reverse the order of tweet display
- Fixed bug with min tweets restriction
- Fixed bug with hashtag linkification
- Fixed bug showing options error
- Added options page
- Added minimum tweets required to post
- Fixed @twitter detection
- Added ability to ignore @replies
- Tweaked posting procedure so the post goes from the draft state to
published state, in order to trigger any hooks that would get triggered on a
- Cleaned up post output
– Basic tweet polling and posting.