This plugin is used to import an XML iTunes Music Library file into your WordPress database. Once imported, you can display a complete listing of your music collection on a page of your WordPress site.
You can try it out in a temporary copy of WordPress here.
- Download the plugin and unzip it.
- Upload the tune-library folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory of your web site.
- Activate the plugin in the WordPress Admin.
- Upload the iTunes Music Library.xml file from your user profile to the plugin directory. (Help finding your XML File)
- In the Tune Library Plugin Configuration Screen, make sure that the name of the iTunes library matches the name of the file that you uploaded.
- Select Import iTunes Library to load the contents of your library into the WordPress database.
- Configure the plugin based on the desired output.
- In the WordPress Admin, create a new page containing the following code:
There are no FAQs at this time.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Tune Library” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Tune Library” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fixed problem with table creation code for new users of the plugin
- Fixed issue with track names not displaying since 1.6 update unless library is re-imported by iTunes
- Fixed option to delete all items from library and reset all settings
- Made corrections to work with albums that have special characters in title (e.g. +)
- Add ability to import dics number data and display disc numbers when more than one disc is found
- Further updates for PHP 7.0 comptability
- Update for PHP 7.0 compatibility
- Fix for AJAX category switching
- Fixed for SQL injection vulnerabilities
- Fix issue when checking off ‘Group Non-Alphabetic Entries’
- Increased maximum file size for uploads
- Addressed security exploit in AJAX loading mode
- Fixed iTunes Music Library Importer. Was not working since 1.5
- Added ability to browse for and upload iTunes library instead of having to upload the file to server manually
- Added CSV file import capability
- Added distinct styles in stylesheet to avoid conflicts with theme
- Fixed: Activation problem on servers that do not support short open tags
- Changed creation of initial table to avoid using file_get_contents
- Moved admin panel from plugins section to options section
- Corrected problem with Numeric entries not showing up correctly in AJAX mode when using album artist instead of track artist.
- Added code to correctly load the jquery module. Fixes AJAX mode not working on some installations.
- Re-architected main function to print output where the tune-library shortcode is used on a page. Used to always print output before any page content.
- Changed code around Loading Icon styling
- Added support for AJAX query mode to avoid unnecessary screen refreshes and database queries
- Development version released by mistake
- Changed code for default letter shown in filter mode. Was previously hard-coded to A. Now shows appropriate first letter
- Added new functionality to only show artists whose names start with a single letter at a time to accomodate large collections. Added alphabetical list for regular library display to jump to a specific letter quickly.
- Changed main function structure to print data directly as it parses track list instead of building large string in memory. This allows Tune Library to support large iTunes libraries.
- Added new option to display black or white expand and collapse icons