This plugin actually support embed of public Youtube video and video playlist adding a simple button in Tinymce that generate or edit shortcode.
Video playlist can be publish with 4 responsive templates:
- Only video iframe
- Iframe with all thumbnails videos in columns
- Iframe with a swipe and draggable carousel thumbnails videos
- Swipe and draggable carousel slider
For Youtube video, the plugin use Google API version 3.
Upcoming developments will support other video sources like Vimeo.
- Upload the unzipped folder
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Update simple-video-embed configuration under Settings -> Simple Video Embed
- How to get a Google Public Api Key (V3)?
- Visit the Google Developers Console and log in with your Google Account.
- Create a project or edit one.
- Click “APIs & auth”
- Go to “Credentials” and create a new Public API access
- Go to “APIs” and enable YouTube Data API
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Simple Video Embed” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fix bug on video thumbnails view when more than 10.
- Fix js bug on slider with thumb.
- Show Google API error.
- Fix css grid system.
- Remove Google API Check from admin panel to preserve request quota
- Better Google API request.
- Fix php bug.
- First release.