This plugin is an add-on for Seriously Simple Podcasting and requires at least v1.13.1 of Seriously Simple Podcasting in order to work.
So you love using Seriously Simple Podcasting to broadcast your content? Well, now you can enjoy the plugin’s simplicity while also gathering useful and extensive stats about how people are engaging with your inevitably brilliant content.
Seriously Simple Stats offers integrated analytics for your podcast, giving you access to incredibly useful information about who is listening to your podcast and how they are accessing it.
- Track listen counts for every episode
- View detailed stats for your podcast
- See a quick overview of your most recent stats at a glance
- Narrow stats down to view data specific to any episode or series
- Access stats for any selected date range
- Find out exactly which of your episodes are the most popular
- Find out how people are listening to your content
- Automatically detect crawlers/bots to prevent false stats
Check out the screenshots for a better idea of what stats you can expect.
How to contribute
If you want to contribute to Seriously Simple Stats, you can fork the GitHub repository – all pull requests will be reviewed and merged if they fit into the goals for the plugin.
Installing “Seriously Simple Stats” can be done either by searching for “Seriously Simple Stats” via the “Plugins > Add New” screen in your WordPress dashboard, or by using the following steps:
- Download the plugin via WordPress.org
- Upload the ZIP file through the ‘Plugins > Add New > Upload’ screen in your WordPress dashboard
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
What version of Seriously Simple Podcasting does this plugin require?
In order to use this plugin you need to have at least v1.13.1 of Seriously Simple Podcasting. If you do not have Seriously Simple Podcasting active or you are using a version older than v1.13.1 then this plugin will do nothing.
I just installed this plugin, but I don’t see any stats. What gives?
Your podcast stats will only be gathered while this plugin is active, so if you have just installed it wait a few days and you will start to see your stats growing.
What listening sources are tracked?
Seriously Simple Stats tracks the following listening sources for your podcast:
- iTunes / iOS Podcasts
- Pocket Casts
- Direct downloads
- Audio player listens
- ‘Play in new window’ clicks
Any other listening sources will simply appear grouped as ‘Other’ in your stats. If there is another service that you think would be valuable to have tracked, then please create a new issue on GitHub to suggest it.
Note that Stitcher download stats are not currently possible to gather accurately due to the way that Stitcher offers up episode downloads to users.
Does this plugin block crawlers or bots?
Yes. This plugin uses the Crawler Detect library to make sure that crawlers/bots are not recorded as listens.
Contributors & Developers
“Seriously Simple Stats” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Seriously Simple Stats” has been translated into 4 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Seriously Simple Stats” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- [UPDATE] Optimized plugin speed ( dashboard not loading with a large amount of data )
- [UPDATE] Updated crawler-detect library version to v1.2.114
- [UPDATE] Code refactoring
- [FIX] Fixed views count bug in month views.
- [FIX] Fixed pagination ( 24 items per page instead of 25 )
- [FIX] Fixed PHP Notice error
- [FIX] Fixed long % string in change from last week section ( +0,09999999% )
- [UPDATE] Updated the tested WordPress version
- [UPDATE] Use absolute require file paths (props dd32)
- [UPDATE] Improved SSP compatibility check
- [UPDATE] Reordered user agent check (props jonathanbossenger)
- [UPDATE] Added new listening sources (Xiaoyuzhou,Moon FM,Castro,watchOS) (props justinyanme)
- [FIX] Fixes a style bug when there is a big number of listens
- [UPDATE] Added development npm dependencies
- [FIX] Fixes a bug in the per episode stats meta box
- [UPDATE] Updated crawler detect library to version 1.2.103
- [FIX] Fixes a bug in the loading of the Google Charts libraries
- [UPDATE] Updated crawler detect library to version 1.2.95
- [UPDATE] Updated crawler detect library
- [FIX] Fixed a bug in the All episode stats pagination (props wudanbal)
- [UPDATE] Default sorting for All episode stats set to date (props wudanbal)
- [UPDATE] Date display field uses WordPress Date Format setting, to display date (props wudanbal)
- [FIX] Fixed a PHP warning which only occurs on the last day of the month
- [NEW] Added the ability to sort the “All Episodes for the Last Three Months” Stats data
- [FIX] Fixed a bug where filtering stats data by series was broken.
- [UPDATE] Updated the plugin to use composer based autoloading
- [UPDATE] Updated the CrawlerDetect library
- [FIX] Fixed a bug introduced in the 1.2.1 update
- [NEW] Included a stats table upgrade to anonymise IP addresses stored
- [NEW] Added stats widget to WordPress dashboard
- [NEW] Added new listening sources (PodcastAddict, Player FM, Google-Play)
- [NEW] Added new stats view for all episodes for the past three months
- [NEW] Including Crawler Detect library to prevent crawlers/bots from bring recorded as actual listens
- [NEW] Checking for reverse proxies when fetching user’s IP address for more accurate listenership stats (props cgill27)
- [TWEAK] Recording correct time for all stats (based on WordPress settings)
- [FIX] Making sure that time-based stats respect WordPress’ saved time zone instead of basing everything on UTC
- [FIX] Improving tracking of iTunes/iOS Podcasts app referrer (props tbibby)
- [FIX] Making sure that stats never show without labels
- [TWEAK] Improving localisation support
- [TWEAK] Generally improving referrer detection (props tbibby)
- Initial release