This WordPress email plugin allows you to intercept an email that is sent by wp_mail() function and duplicates it as many times as you need. Then, upon your request, the plugin could process it in the following way:
- send the email to multiple recipients;
- differentiate data sets while sending it to multiple recipients;
- add the information about the emails sent to log;
- add some text before or after the message body;
- replace sender’s text, name (field From Name), subject, and even the recipients if needed.
You can set the following options:
- Specify the form name and email address for the outgoing email.
- Specify the email(s) of recipient (s).
- Specify the text that could be prepended to the message body.
- Choose to send the mail by SMTP or PHP’s mail() function.
- Specify the SMTP settings: host, port, username and password.
- Choose SSL / TLS encryption (different from STARTTLS).
- Choose to use of SMTP authentication or not (as it is by default).
- Go to Plugins > Add New > search for “scand-multi-mailer”
- Press “Install Now” button for the “MultiMailer” plugin
- Press “Activate” button
- Upload “scand-multi-mailer” directory to “/wp-content/plugins/” directory
- Activate our WordPress SMTP plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress
My plugin still sends mail via the mail() function
If other plugins that you’re using are not designed to use the
wp_mail()function and call PHP’s
mail()function directly, they will skip the settings of this plugin. As the matter of fact, you can edit other plugins and replace the “
mail(” calls with “
wp_mail(” (by adding wp_ in front) and this will work. We performed tests on a couple of plugins and it worked, but it may not work with all plugins.
Will this plugin work with WordPress versions less than 2.7?
No. The options page will only work on 2.7 version and higher.
Can I use this plugin to send emails via Gmail / Google Apps
Yes. Use the following settings:
- Mailer: SMTP
- SMTP Host: smtp.gmail.com
- SMTP Port: 587
- Encryption: TLS
- Authentication: Yes
- Username: your Gmail account name
- Password: your mail password
Note: adjust your Gmail account’s security settings for it to enable Google service of sending emails via SMTP
Contributors & Developers
“MultiMailer” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “MultiMailer” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
External Library updates: PHPMailer
Fixed minor issues (testing 5.0)
Added functionality to send attachments.
Added Russian translation.
Changed way to work with provider settings.
Release of the plugin.