A simple yet powerful plugin that allows you to display posts loops based on any query, as a carousel of slides or using a custom template.
- Display any posts you want… Create a loop that will display exactly the posts you want; filtered by tag, category, by post author… any WordPress Query works !
- …The way you want… You can choose among several templates to display your loop, or use your own one !
- …Anywhere you want ! With this simple shortcode:
- Carousels: Just click the Carousel Checkbox when editing a loop, it will be displayed in a nice, slidy way. You can define global options for the carousels, or/and define them for each loop. (powered by OwlCarousel)
- Carousel galleries: Optionally, enable carousels for your image galleries, globally or for each gallery.
- Totally Free: There is NO premium version for this plugin, because it is totally free. Of course, donations would be very appreciated.
[loops-n-slides id=XXX] where XXX is the ID of your loop.
I made this plugin because the majority of carousels plugins had limited functionnalities or were not free.
This one IS totally free. But if you like it, if you use it, please consider making a donation.
This would be very appreciated — Thanks !
- OwlCarousel – jQuery OwlCarousel
- jQuery json-viewer – jQuery plugin for displaying JSON data
Contributors are listed here.
For feature request and bug reports, please use the Github Issues Tracker.
If you are a plugin developer, we would like to hear from you. Any contribution would be very welcome.
- Upload the plugin to your blog and Activate it.
- Go to the settings page and setup the plugin.
- How can I use custom templates to render my loops?
Create a directory
loops-n-slidesin your active theme.
Create your custom page templates in that directory. They should have a specific opening PHP tag:
/* Loops ‘n Slides Loop: My Custom Loop Template Title */
See the files under loops-n-slides/templates for examples.
You can override those default files by have custom files that have the same filename in your
- How can I use the plugin to display an existing WordPress gallery as a carousel?
You can either enable this option by default for all your galleries (see the Loops ‘n Slides Settings page); or enable it for a few galleries only, by adding the attribute
loopsns-carousel=1to your existing shortcode.
[gallery ids="113,117" loopsns-carousel=1]
When enabled globally, you can prevent a gallery from rendering as a carousel by adding the attribute
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Loops 'n Slides” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Loops 'n Slides” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fix https://github.com/gordielachance/loops-n-slides/issues/1
- Added queries examples in the loop editor metabox.
- now uses jQuery json-viewer – jQuery plugin for displaying JSON data
- First release