iVolunteer is a free location-aware service that makes it easy for people to find volunteer opportunities and get involved in their communities.
The iVolunteer Plugin:
- Displays local community volunteering opportunities in the blog sidebar.
- Please see the Screenshots for examples.
Thanks to The HandsOn Network for providing the volunteer opportunity data.
For the latest news, please follow @iVolunteer on Twitter.
Rev 1.1.7 2009-Jun-14
iVolunteer_sidebar()to remove preceeding bullet from list.
- Fixed with the help of Andrew Hyde. Thanks for helping debug this on your Mac!
Rev 1.1.6 2009-Jun-13
- Tested with WordPress 2.8.
Rev 1.1.5 2009-Jun-13
- Display events in ascending order by date.
Rev 1.1.4 2009-Jun-09
- Added one additional check for zero records returned. Displays “No opportunities found.”
- Updated to force all descriptions to only capitalize first char of each word.
Rev 1.1.3 2009-Jun-09
- Gracefully handle zero records returned from JSON api.
Rev 1.1.2 2009-Jun-08
- Updated text on the options page.
Rev 1.1.1 2009-Jun-08
- Updated to simplify sidebar.php installation for non-widgetized themes.
Rev 1.1.0 2009-Jun-06
- Upon initial setup, default to 5 opportunities to be displayed.
Rev 1.0.9 2009-Jun-02
- Replaced str_ireplace() with custom function to ensure PHP4 compatibility.
Rev 1.0.8 2009-Jun-01
- Updated the readme.
Rev 1.0.7 2009-Jun-01
- Added 2 screenshots: Local volunteer opportunities shown in the blog sidebar, The iVolunteer admin settings page.
Rev 1.0.6 2009-Jun-01
- Added admin option to choose number of events to display in sidebar: 5, 10, or 15.
Rev 1.0.5 2009-Jun-01
- Reformatted date, time, city/state/zip, and phone number for continuity.
- If no response from server, timeout after 5 seconds and display “please try later”.
Rev 1.0.4 2009-May-29
- Reformatted sidebar display.
Rev 1.0.3 2009-May-29
- Added live datafeed.
Rev 1.0.2 2009-Feb-17
- Localized to support multiple languages.
Rev 1.0.1 2009-Feb-16
- Initial revision.
- Please Deactivate the previous iVolunteer Plugin first.
Upload the iVolunteer Plugin folder to /wp-content/Plugins/
Login to your WordPress admin web page.
Activate the Plugin:
- Click on the Plugins tab.
- Find iVolunteer in the list of Inactive Plugins (or Recently Active Plugins).
- Click on Activate to activate the iVolunteer Plugin.
Configure the Plugin:
- Click on Settings.
- Click on iVolunteer.
- Enter your iVolunteer options.
- Press the Save button to save the iVolunteer options.
Add the Plugin as a sidebar widget:
- Click on Appearance (or Design).
- Click on Widgets.
- On the left side, next to iVolunteer, click on Add to make it appear in the list of Current Widgets.
- Click on Save Changes.
If your theme DOES NOT support widgets, place the following line of code in your sidebar file (e.g. sidebar.php):
<?php iVolunteer_sidebar (); ?>
Local volunteer opportunities should now appear in your sidebar.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“iVolunteer” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “iVolunteer” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.