A honeypot for logging all failed login-attempts.
Source code and issues available at https://github.com/MartinIngesen/HonnyPotter.
This will currently make all failed login attempts globally accessible. Use at your own risk. Clear the logs immediately if you for some reason type in your wrong (but almost correct) password. This might change in a future version.
- Create a
/wp-content/plugins/and upload all the files there.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Navigate to the settings panel under
Settings > HonnyPotter
- Here you can alternatively change the log name. We autogenerate a random name on plugin installation.
- All failed login attempts will be logged to the log file.
- Will my actual username and password be saved?
No. Only failed attempts get recorded in the logs.
- How do I clear the logs?
FTP or access the WordPress installation, navigate to the HonnyPotter folder and delete the log.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“HonnyPotter” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Added some links to the GitHub repo, and information re: how to contact me for bugs or issues.
- Fixed issue
[Fatal error :( #1](https://github.com/MartinIngesen/HonnyPotter/issues/1)by rewriting the code for randomizing logfile-names.
- First version.