This plugin allows you to easily insert Google
Maps into your blog, making use of the new shortCode system in WordPress 2.5.
The maps can be configured to offer directions to or from the location, show or
hide the zoom/pan controls, show/hide map type (street view, satellite, etc),
activate zoom using mouse wheel, and more. PHP5 Required.
- Verify that you have PHP5, which is required for this plugin.
- Upload the whole
google-maps-for-wordpressdirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Where do I insert a map into my post/page?
When writing a post or page, there will be a meta box titled “Google Maps for
WordPress” just below the “Tags” and “Categories” metaboxes.
- Where can I get a Google Maps API Key?
- What unit do you expect the map width and height to be in?
If you don’t specify a unit, pixels will be used. However, if you would like,
you can specify any valid CSS unit (em, %, etc).
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Google Maps for WordPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Google Maps for WordPress” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.