By default, the original Random Number Generator plugin short code works within widgets, posts, and pages. We have extended the core capability of the plugin so that it also works within text/html fields, such as those used for advertising purposes.
One primary use: It can be used to defeat browser caching by inserting a random number. The most common implementation of this is within Google DoubleClick ads where they require an ‘ord=’ within the script to ensure that ad creative is not cached by the browers.
Use Example 1:
Use Example 2:
input: [random-number from=”2″ to=”72″ format=”%b”]%d minutes[/random-number]
output: an integer value between 2 & 72 followed by the word ‘minutes’
- All languages supported based on orginal Random Number Generator plugin
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload folders and files to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
[random-number]in a post (if you haven’t changed the tag caption in the options)
Does it work with WordPress MU?
Which languages are included when I install the plugin?
Contributors & Developers
“Extended Random Number Generator” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Extended Random Number Generator” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Added support for random number generation in scripts
- Extended capability to work within text/html fields outside of posts and pages
- First release
- Plugin started/forked from version 1.3.2 of Original Random Number Generator plugin