Download Media allows you to directly download medias from the media library to your device in one click.
You can download medias one by one, or in bulk.
Need Help? Found A Bug? Want To Contribute Code?
Support for this plugin is provided via the WordPress.org forums.
The source code for this plugin is available on GitHub.
List of hook available
- download_media_settings_cap – Set default capability for plugin’s settings modifications
- download_media_output_dir – Set default output directory for plugin’s zip files
- download_media_cron_intervals – Allow the modification of the plugin’s cron intervals
- download_media_cron_daily_second – Allow the modification of the daily cron interval of time
- download_media_cron_weekly_second – Allow the modification of the weekly cron interval of time
- download_media_cron_montly_second – Allow the modification of the monthly cron interval of time
- download_media_zip_directory – Set default zip files directory location
- Go to your admin area and select Plugins → Add New from the menu.
- Search for “Download Media”.
- Click install.
- Click activate.
- Navigate to Media → Library
April 4, 2023
I needed this to download some PDF's. I tryied to download a document (PDF) from my Media Library but it downloaded a html file. I think the author should solve this.
November 12, 2022
So easy! Select: "Download all media's" click: Apply > It downloaded all my 548 pictures. Thank you!
November 22, 2021 1 reply
Très simple à utiliser Parfait pour récupérer quelques pages d'images Un seul regret : ne pas avoir une option pour "descendre toutes les images" (car si on a par exemple 1200 images à downloader ça va être long de passer page par page...
July 2, 2021 2 replies
I should have realised there would be issues when I discovered there was no way to locate and install this plug-in from within the plug-in finder in Wordpress site. I had to download it from the wordpress.org respository, and then upload it to the site. First attempt at download a few images resulted in: "There has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions." This is on latest Wordpress as of 2021-07-02. Seems this plug-in is broken, and not maintained.
Contributors & Developers
“Download Media” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Download Media” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fix the not found directory of the zip output
- Add a filter to change the zip output default directory
- Add a dropdown choice to select every medias of the WordPress site
- Fix a typo leading PHP to think the ZipArchive class wasn’t installed
- Fix namespace issue causing fatal error when using the bulk downloader
- Add a download link in the edit attachment postmeta box
- Add filter hooks
- Add plugin screenshots
- Add Grid UI media download
- Refactor classes
- use DownloadMedia class for plugin containerisation
- fix should delete option not updating cron job
- Initial release.