Default Text is a a helpful workflow tool:
* Enforce editorial standards for title and body styles
* A quick reference for content editors that aren’t regular contributors
Variables are available to customize your default text strings. You can create your own custom variables also! Consult the FAQ for more details.
Default Text is also multisite compatible as it has been designed for a multisite environment.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- I want a page/post to have a blank body, i.e. no text
Simply add a space or other invisible character. One is enough.
- I’d like to include my own custom variables
Default Text checks for the existance of a function named
default_text_geminibefore outputting title or body text.
Either inclue this function in your themes
functions.phpfile or in a custom plugin.
Make sure that the function outputs an associative array in the following format:
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“WordPress Default Text” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “WordPress Default Text” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Cleaned-up readme and added screenshot of settings
- Created function
default_text_stringto fix other conditions with bug found by yoramzara.
- Default argument values included with
default_text_bodyfunctions. Bug found by yoramzara.
- Animated GIF screenshot provided
- Initial version