Gives users the ability to ‘like’ content across your BuddyPress enabled site.
- Ensure BuddyPress is enabled
- From inside your WordPress administration panel, visit ‘Plugins -> Add New’
- Search for
BuddyPress Likeand find this plugin in the results
- Click ‘Install’
- Once installed, activate via the ‘Plugins -> Installed’ page
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Contributors & Developers
“BuddyPress Like” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“BuddyPress Like” has been translated into 1 locale. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “BuddyPress Like” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Improved privacy when liking in groups
- Improved usage of text strings in move to help translation
- Moved bp_like_remove_favourites() from scripts.php to settings.php
- Implemented Like button is different templates
- Changed Option: Post to activity stream default setting is now off
- No longer posting update when someone likes a comment
- Now enqeueing scripts through recommended wp_enqueue_scripts
- Removed jQuery UI as themes should include this if needed
- Add around like count – similar to comment count in BuddyPress
- Added around display of who likes updates
- Fixes applied to AJAX
- Tested with WordPress 4.4 and BuddyPress 2.4
- Fixed output for when three people like an activity
- removed inline comment at top of bplike.js
- added term variables to array bplikeTerms. Thanks to vasikgreif (https://wordpress.org/support/profile/vasikgreif)
- Added changelog.txt
- Added LICENCE.txt
- Added check for BuddyPress 1.5 to bplike_init() in bp-like-loader.php
- moved admin.php to /admin folder
- renamed bp-like.dev.js to bp-like.js
- implemented bp_get_activity_type() in button-functions.php
- tidied up scripts.php. Thanks to vasikgreif (https://wordpress.org/support/profile/vasikgreif)
- Added jQuery UI again.
- Renamed bp-like.dev.js to bp-like.js
- Fixed parameters for wp_register_script(). Thanks to https://profiles.wordpress.org/ryanhellyer
- Fixed PHP notice when a comment is liked. Thanks to https://profiles.wordpress.org/jasonthoele
- Various fixes, thanks to BronsonQuick (https://github.com/BronsonQuick)
- No longer posts to activity feed when user likes post in a group.
- Fixed bug when displaying number of people who liked.
- Fixed bug with jQuery not working after loading more statuses.
- Removed favorite/unfavorite button on activity items using jQuery.
- Added function: view_who_likes().
- Added hook: view_who_likes, will be adding more.
- Added function bp_like_get_num_likes() to return number of likes of an item.
- Tidied up jQuery, now properly using no conflict mode, functions split up.
- Fixed activity filter bug where custom text for ‘Blog Post Likes’ was not called.
- Moved Settings Page to under “Settings” tab in Admin, previously was under legacy BuddyPress tab.
- New donate link.
- Organised functions into different files, no more having one massive file!
- Function added: bp_like_post_to_stream() with some code clean up inside
- Tidied up bp_like_list_scripts() function, properly registering and enqueuing the scripts.
- Removed like visibility, more changes on this to come.
- Fixed errors in readme.txt
- Started formating code to meet WordPress code Standards
- Add in View Likes, until some bugs are fixed.
- View Likes should now be working in comments.
- Several other small fixes.
- Tidied up Admin Panel.
- Removed bp_like_insert_head() as it’s not needed anymore thanks to BuddyPress’ theme compatibility.
- Added bp_like_users_who_like() function to output the users who liked an item.
- Removed “View Likes” button, instead showing who liked each post.
- Bug fixed: updates deprecated WordPress functions.
- New feature: blog posts can now be liked.
- New feature: you can no show an excerpt of the liked content.
- Option added: disable posting likes to the activity stream.
- Option added: show avatars of likers instead of names.
- Bug fixed: activity updates of likes are now deleted when the item is unliked.
- Bug fixed: plugin would break if the Friends component was disabled.
- Fixes a couple of major bugs
- Bug fixed: Posts, drafts etc would not be saved, giving error “You do not have permission to do that.”
- Bug fixed: Could not save ‘Likers Visibility’ options from the BuddyPress Like settings screen.
- Fully localised.
- Adds options to customise the messages displayed to users.
- Fixes a bug when a user tries to view likes when they have no friends.
- Inserts the ‘View likes’ button if the user is the first to like an item.
- Adds options for the visibility of ‘likers’ via the admin panel.
- Fixed a bug affecting installs where WP isn’t in the root of the site.
- Initial release.