A tool to observe how a page loads in different themes simultaneously.
Useful for debugging plugins or Gutenberg blocks.
How to Use:
- Install several themes you’d like to check out.
- Create a new page.
- Navigate to Tools → Back To The Theme
- Choose if you want to demo editor- or view side.
- Select the themes you’d like to check out.
- Choose the page you just created. This page will be previewed with all the themes you’ve selected.
- Click Do it!.
- Scroll to see the page rendered with all the themes you selected.
You’ll see your page load with different themes in a bunch of iframes for handy preview and debugging.
A nice list of popular themes to test:
wp theme install \
See docs for wp theme install.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/plugin-namedirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- You can find the plugin under “Tools” menu.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Back To The Theme” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Back To The Theme” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
Test in the editor, too!